Friday, March 27, 2015

The Sea Allegory

Nights grow darker
days get longer
trees reach higher
And the seas sink deeper
and deeper
deeper
and all this time I'm feeling
that maybe I missed something along the way.
or maybe I just miss you.
Because everyone here is falling in love with fish
but I'm afraid I fell in love with the sea.
Because it was the only thing that pulled back when I went fishing.
And I could've sworn I heard the moon laughing at me
Because of how foolish it is to feel this way.
But I just sat and laughed with him
Because I knew he meant no harm by it
And I could tell the sea was smiling
By how gently it rose
And how soft it called
And when the sun came up
He was glad to see I had made it through the
Darkest of nights
And the longest of days
And the trees were happy to know that I had grown taller
And the sea was happy
To feel that I had fallen deeper
And deeper
Deeper
In love.

10 comments:

  1. "Because everyone here is falling in love with fish
    but I'm afraid I fell in love with the sea."

    ok this is brilliant. you are an amazing writer charlie laurent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "that maybe I missed something along the way. or maybe I just miss you."
    "but I'm afraid I fell in love with the sea"
    this is all so beautiful

    really excited for you to reveal yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just... so dang good, man. "Re: Stacks" really added to this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this whole concept is amazing. the metaphor with the sea and love....just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're writing is effortless, and it really works for you.

    Amazing post, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Because everyone here is falling in love with fish
    but I'm afraid I fell in love with the sea."

    Your metaphors are a 10/10 every dang time

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't get enoughhhhhhhh. This is real unreal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nights grow darker
    days get longer
    trees reach higher
    And the seas sink deeper
    and deeper
    deeper
    and all this time I'm feeling
    that maybe I missed something along the way.
    or maybe I just miss you.
    Because everyone here is falling in love with fish
    but I'm afraid I fell in love with the sea.
    Because it was the only thing that pulled back when I went fishing.
    And I could've sworn I heard the moon laughing at me
    Because of how foolish it is to feel this way.
    But I just sat and laughed with him
    Because I knew he meant no harm by it
    And I could tell the sea was smiling
    By how gently it rose
    And how soft it called
    And when the sun came up
    He was glad to see I had made it through the
    Darkest of nights
    And the longest of days
    And the trees were happy to know that I had grown taller
    And the sea was happy
    To feel that I had fallen deeper
    And deeper
    Deeper
    In love.



    Yes!!!! I love this part!!!:))) (I couldn't just pick one line...)

    ReplyDelete