Friday, March 27, 2015

Charlie


Once
Someone told me I was bad at hugging
so I stopped
I stopped giving hugs
because I didn't want to be told that again
I even looked up on wiki-how
"how to hug"
so that just in case I had to hug again
I might be a little more prepared

Once
I was told on my birthday
by some 10th grade 'royalty'
that I didn't matter
but I simply told them I did
and walked away
but since that day
I don't talk to 'royalty'
especially on my birthday.

Once
I decided I was for love
and I told her about my love
but because best friends
don't make the best of lovers
I was left with nothing
and I wish I would've said nothing
because maybe now things
could be different

Once
I posted this video of my singing
and Nelson played it
for both classes
and I was so embarrassed
because I didn't think anyone
would really listen to it
so I deleted it
because I never really liked
my own voice

Once
I made this blog named
Charlie Laurent
and it got way more emotional than
I thought it would
And I don't let a lot of people in
and I ask you to please
know me as I am

So now you know me as

the boy who wont hug
or
the boy who doesn't like his birthday
or
the boy who can't talk about love
or
the boy who loves to sing but wont

and the thing about Charlie Laurent 

Is that he wants to be known
for who he really is

but you see even if all these sad things say a lot about me,
I made the choice a while ago
to be happy, and I am.



and I will continue to be happy



and I know this isn't the most spectacular of reveals
and I had no intention of competing with
Maddie Wheadon or Landon Hall
but I just wanted to say
I'm Caleb Miller
and I am Happy.















14 comments:

  1. Caleb wow this is absolutely beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites. Great post. Great pen name. Great background. Great writing. Great blog.

    It's fine that you deleted that post, because I already downloaded it. WHAT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm listening to the cover right now. LOL. So good.

      Delete
  3. Wait but your voice is incredible. I mean I have this thing called talent show anxiety when I kind of cringe when people perform or I listen to their stuff. But every so often comes a long someone so good that I don't. And for you I didn't cringe. Not even once.

    You're amazing Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. retweeeet
      ok your voice is SO GOOD
      like IM IN LOVE WITH YOUR VOICE
      sorry that was weird

      Delete
  4. WHAT THIS WAS NEVER A COMPETITION and if it was your writing blows mine out of the water so

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caleb. I adore you and all that you have written. There have been times where I just couldn't see myself waking up the next morning but then I'd remember Charlie and I'd remember Pluto. Thank you for pulling me away from myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Caleb, I adore you and have loved reading your blog. Don't forget your worth more than life and that you're voice made a ton of girls melt at movie knight and also to keep writing, because you're kind of amazing. In all aspects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're unreal Caleb. I love your writing and your blog and your personality and you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I freaked out when we listened to your song in class. so beautiful. also, you're royalty. just thought I'd let you know that. (also you're one of my fav blogs)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. same i honestly stopped writing and listened. it was gorgeous! caleb i love your blog and your voice. keep writing and singing.

      Delete
  9. You literally never fail to impress me!! Knowing who you were awhile ago made me love your writing 10xs more! So thank you for trusting me and telling me who you were! Because literally I'm you're biggest fan!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Favorite human. I always go to your blog when I need to feel comforted. You probably don't know who I am. That's ok. All you need to know is that you're spectacular and that you've made a difference.

    ReplyDelete