Friday, March 13, 2015

My Darling

My darling
Don't be afraid
Of all you can become
Please be who you were born to be,
and don't be scared of the pretty faces,
Don't be scared to tell them what you feel
  and don't be afraid to feel
Please,
I ask you to feel.
...
My darling
Don't be afraid of things that haven't happened
Because the scariest things
Have already come and gone
And you can stop worrying if I'll ever leave
Because I'm here to stay
to be with you
always.
...
My darling
You can stop pulling the sheets over your head
and crying behind closed doors to hide
those beautiful swollen eyes
and you don't have to be afraid
Of smiling anymore,
Because you have the most beautiful smile
And out of 7 billion,
Yours is my favorite.
...
My darling
Don't be scared of the things your heart has to say
Because words of love were never meant to be feared
And after you speak don't be scared
To hear your heart break.
Because it might be for the best now 
than to have it broken
when there is nothing left to break.
And don't be afraid to let your heart mend
My darling,
Let it mend
...

5 comments:

  1. "And after you speak don't be scared
    To hear your heart break.
    Because it might be for the best now
    than to have it broken
    when there is nothing left to break."

    This line is so beautiful and real.
    I love this post so much

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really genuinely love this. "and don't be scared of the pretty faces,
    Don't be scared to tell them what you feel and don't be afraid to feel" Also I agree with wendy, that last stanza… wow. "You can stop pulling the sheets over your head and crying behind closed doors to hide those beautiful swollen eyes and you don't have to be afraid Of smiling anymore" This is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and don't be afraid to feel
    Please,
    I ask you to feel."


    This is important.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Don't be scared of the things your heart has to say
    Because words of love were never meant to be feared"


    Thank you. I think i really needed to hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay okay okay.... I loved this!!!

    ReplyDelete