Monday, March 16, 2015

I'll Just Have to Find Out


 
 
I've never been good at confrontation,
and I don't really plan to anytime soon,
but I'm really one of those quiet lovers.
who doesn't get the words
quit right. 
and I'm not sure I ever will.
I've always kind of just sat and watched
and loved from afar
because when she looks that happy,
and I see that smile,
I smile.
But I can't say I feel happy.



Sometimes things start to pile up, 
things like
never kissed
never had a girlfriend
never been popular
never never never


and all these "never"s make you feel
like maybe something is wrong with you.
and tonight is just one of those nights
where you're not exactly sure how to feel
and you know that you'll be okay
just not today
or tomorrow
but one day you'll be okay


and maybe on one of these days 
I'll confront you,
I'll fight for you,
I'll tell you.
and maybe nothing will happen
but maybe everything will happen
I'll just have to find out.




5 comments:

  1. this is exactly me. so appreciative of this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!! Super good post! Loved the line about nevers piling up..

    ReplyDelete
  3. "and maybe nothing will happen
    but maybe everything will happen"

    This was so so so profound. and i promise im not just saying that. i just really think more people should hear this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Creative, honest, beautiful. I hope I can be as real as you when I write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "and all these nevers make you feel like something is wrong with you"

    i've felt that before. and your writing is beautiful

    ReplyDelete