Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Only Open Your Mouth If

Please only open your mouth
If what you have to say
is more beautiful than the silence.
Because this silence is mending,
Listening,
To the heartache
And to the loneliness.
That are speaking volumes.

Please only open your mouth
If your ears have the courage to hear
What may come next.
Because I've had a lot on my mind lately,
And it needs to be heard

Please only open your mouth
If you are going to explain your eyes to me.
Because I can't tell what they love anymore,
that soft kindness is gone.
and I don't know which is more troubling,
Your eyes
Or the way they made me feel.

But if you feel you must speak,
Let your mind speak freely,
Then try giving you heart a turn
Because I haven't heard what it's had to say
For quite a while now.
And now I'm starting to wonder,
If i ever heard it at all.





7 comments:

  1. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That's all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So in love with this. Charlie, your are truly magnificent and I can't say that enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Because this silence is mending," good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  4. the parts about eyes. brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "and I don't know which is more troubling,
    Your eyes
    Or the way they made me feel."

    And whether or not you've ever heard the heart. Yessssssss

    ReplyDelete
  6. I literally couldn't just pick one line I loved, I love this!

    ReplyDelete