Monday, February 9, 2015

Everywhere Yet Nowhere

In class, We were asked the question
"Is love real" 
I saw one girl immediately shake her head.
She's had some rough spots I imagine. 
but at least shes got an answer for herself.

I had to think.

I am not qualified to write about love, 
but I can at least try.

Love is when I told her that 
there were other things we needed to find
before we found each other. 
Because,
Love is everywhere yet nowhere,
and we get lost in it too easily.
and if we can't find ourselves,
how can we find love.
Continually we search for something, 
something better than what we have, 
not noticing  that  maybe
what we need, and
what we want are
different.
Failing to see that 
what we have
is searching as well.
searching for someone,
Someone who can actually see them.
but we are blind.
and
our love is blind too.
and we crave this idea of discovering someone who will love us,
because we can't love ourselves..

I cannot deny that love exists, neither can I prove it.
However I can say that I have felt something
that people would liken unto love.
and some would claim otherwise,
But whatever it is,
the things my heart feel are real,
and they should be treated as such.
And the things my heart has to say,
are too big to be kept inside the small corners of my mouth.
And the things my heart knows,
are too magnificent to be put down in words.
My heart knows love.
It may not know 
how to, or
what to, or 
who to love.
But it knows love.

and even still,
For the longest time,
I've told myself:

love is a myth.

but then I remind myself

some myths are real,

and that is what some loves are.

real.





5 comments:

  1. Charlie laurent I am a fan.

    "and the things my heart knows are to magnificent to be put down in words."

    Love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Continually we search for something, something better than what we have,
    not noticing that maybe what we need, and what we want are different. Failing to see that what we have is searching as well." And the part about finding someone that can see us. Um I like this post a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "but then I remind myself some myths are real"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful. Completely beautifully eloquent and lovely.

    Thanks for reading my mind and writing it better than I ever could.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I am not qualified to write about love, but I can at least try."

    I agree with you. I don't think love is supposed to be completely understood.

    I dunno this line. this line.

    ReplyDelete