Sunday, February 22, 2015

Angel Bones

Once,
A long time ago
I told myself that I was an angel.
Because I had these bones
That would come out of my back
and that's where my wings would've been.
so I believed it.
and I prayed to God 
 Saying "thank you for giving me this"
....
But as time went by,
My body grew out of its wings
and my brain knew better
Than to call myself an angel
Just because I could pop my shoulder blades out.
I started down the boardwalk to reality
and from there,
 I went on knowing I was a human.
Mortal.
Nothing more.
...
but one day
On a normal day
I did something out of the ordinary.
I stuck the bones out of my back,
just to remember what it felt like
to be an angel.
it was like greeting an old friend.
and I realized
 that even though I am not an angel,
that does not mean that
I cannot be a
Godsend
..
And in that moment
I hoped for my own Godsend.
Because I needed someone,
Something
to believe I was special
.

4 comments:

  1. Dear God in Heaven, you are special. This is seriously and unequivocally beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like greeting an old friend.
    Mmm I love this post I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "To believe I was special"

    This post. No words for it except "WOW". This was the most unique idea and now I'm looking at shouldure blades a lot more differently. So thanks.

    ReplyDelete