Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Cracks

It wasn't what I expected at 2 am 
and it wasn't what I normally do, 
but now it's all I want, 
Its all I can think of. 
The lights in the city, walking the streets, the night time nostalgia. 
Walking alone was our moment.  
You said I was going too slow, 
I didnt want to catch up to letting go.
And as I looked at the ground
I noticed two cracks in the sidewalk
They crossed the pavement aimlessly until they met
In between the buildings and the road. 
It seemed like a miracle 
How they both found eachother in the same place. 
That by chance
By fate 
By forces bigger than them, they met. Knowing that they both had some rough edges 
but they still came together 
and fit, 
maybe not perfectly, but they fit
turning them into something bigger than what they were before. 
And they held on. 
Even through the coldest of nights they couldn't break apart. 
Even when others tried to "fix" and "fill" them.
Their path was still visible.
That's how beautiful the chances were.
And as I looked a little harder,
I found us.
We were walking together into the unknown, 
The stars photographed every second with their old light
Lighting up the streets with the help of cars and traffic lights. 
And I couldn't help but wish on that old light 
that maybe these cracks would guide us home, 
To our home. 
The home we found in each other.

1 comment:

  1. this was really, really good.

    I hope you're doing well, charlie laurent.

    ReplyDelete