Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I Wish It Would've Gone Slower

As a child I wanted to grow up fast,
now as an adult I wish it would've gone slower.

lets go back

To when creativity flowed like rivers through my veins. To when I could be pleased with who I was every morning. To when my biggest decision was who I was going to play with that day. To when the most hurt I would ever feel was a scraped knee. To when I could say anything and still be considered innocent.

As an adult I wake up and can hardly stand myself, but I try to. Now I hardly have friends who would want to "hang out". Now everyday I push through my emotions, good or bad, and give a smile. Because if I don't people will think somethings wrong, and they'll want to talk about it. Now I can barely say what I feel without being criticized and labeled as ignorant, selfish, stupid, ungrateful, annoying, weird. 

Funny thing labels,

last time I checked they were for clothes. Not people. 

but now here I am

Wishing I could go back to nap time, because now I hardly get any sleep. To scraping knees, because now that seems a lot easier to deal with. To broken crayons,

Because now that's all I am.


8 comments:

  1. "As a child I wanted to grow up fast,
    now as an adult I wish it would've gone slower." I think this literally every day. I loved this post so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "to broken crayons, because now thats all i am"

    this is wonderful and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny thing labels,
    last time I checked they were for clothes. Not people.
    but now here I am

    This was so good. Completely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Wishing I could go back to nap time, because now I hardly get any sleep."

    Relatable, yet deep.

    I like this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sleep is a metaphor left in junior high.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely work. Makes me even more unprepared for the future, but in that good sort of way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "funny thing labels, last time i checked they were for clothes, not people."

    retweetttttt.

    ReplyDelete