Thursday, April 9, 2015

Someone asked me

Someone asked me
If you could change anything about yourself
What would it be?
I said I didn't know
Because I didn't realize I was supposed
To have something I wanted to change
I didn't realize that I supposed to be unhappy
With the things I'm made up of.
But I told them
I'd change the way I sound
Because maybe then people would listen.

Someone asked me
If you could have a super power
What would it be
I laughed and said
I don't need a super power
To be invisible
Because it
Isn't something you practice at
It isn't something you get good at
If I could have a super power
I would want to be able to see
Those people
And not just look at them.

Someone asked me
If you could make a change
What would it be
I said
I would change priority
Because
It's seems that we are objectifying important people
And personifying useless objects.
And I don't know if it's our generation
Or the one that raised us
But I know that something about that isn't right.
And it's gotta stop.

Please,

Make it stop.

4 comments:

  1. If I could have a super power. I would want to be able to manipulate time

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. easy on the heart cause this made me get chills. snaps.
    your writing is fresh and beautiful and thoughtful and so many other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But I told them
    I'd change the way I sound
    Because maybe then people would listen."

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete