Sunday, May 17, 2015

Know Me

If you really knew me
you'd know that I like Winter more than Summer
Because there's something about being warm
when it's cold

You'd know that I really like the song
Come on Eileen
And that they didn't play it at prom

You'd know that what I think people think
And what they actually think
Are very different.

You'd know that "I'm secretly in love with Alta June"

You'd know that I like slow songs
Because the beat matches my heart better

You'd know that I think Nelson
Is just an older version of me
But more bald.

You'd know that I still ask my mom for advice on girls

You'd know that I don't know
To say how I feel
Without feeling guilty

You'd know that I've spent most of my nights
Getting ready to go somewhere
With friends who haven't invited me yet.

You'd know that I've done a lot of waiting

You'd know that I waited for three years to tell her
How I feel

You'd know that I can't sleep with socks on

You'd know that the majority of my hikes
Are spent bushwhacking 

You'd know that after high school
I probably won't have a social life
And I'm ok with that
Sort of

You'd know that I care a lot about people I don't know
And I really do care about you
Because I believe that people are good

You'd know that I didn't reach my peak
Because this is high school
I'm 18.

You'd know that ending blog posts are hard for me
And that saying goodbye 
Is something I try to avoid

But I guess it's inevitable 
So thanks

And 

Good luck to you


-Charlie

3 comments:

  1. I'm laughing and crying and happy and sad... Caleb you're incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS SO PERFECT. "You'd know that I've spent most of my nights
    Getting ready to go somewhere With friends who haven't invited me yet." Ummm my life. also "You'd know that I didn't reach my peak
    Because this is high school I'm 18." I actually laughed out loud. and I'm still smiling. This is awesome and so are you

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I love your writing. Thank you for this beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete